Saturday, May 5, 2012

Renewing That Spark...

     After I got acclimated to my new environment and job, I was kicking around the idea of talking to HER again.  I am not a chase after a woman kind of guy but thoughts of HER did persist.  Maybe...  One of the things that I found out about the Saudis is the fact that the air force sucks!  My job over here was to help train the Royal Saudi Air Force, definitely an inflated name, on how to maintain and repair the F-15C and D model fighter aircraft.  I worked on this aircraft for quite a few years in the U.S. Air Force so it was natural.  Of course they bought it from us and they had the bare bones aircraft.  All of the best weaponry and toys come with the software and components that we possessed in the states and they weren't about to get their hands on that kind of stuff.  They offered trips off of the compound that I stayed on for shopping or whatever.  I went a few times because if you wanted real groceries then you had to go to one of those grocery stores in the city.  There was a store on the compound but it wasn't fully stocked and it didn't have things like produce and such.  Plus going on the shopping bus, you could buy electronics or go to the bank or anything else you needed to do.  My goal was to get another computer because mine was toast.  I guess I will call and see what SHE'S up to these days.  I called HER and there was no answer so I left a message and gave her my new number here.  I didn't get an immediate reply so I carried on with my life.  All I could do is offer a path and extend hand.  At work, the Saudis were friendly, a little too friendly I thought for men.  Nevertheless, the all don't hate us and are not all trying to kill us.  However, there is that element out there too.  Over here, the Saudis life revolve are their Muslim faith.  There are a lot of scheduled prayer times.  It doesn't matter if you are at work or home or running your shop, prayer time is prayer time.  Much so that it is common place for shop owners to lock their doors while customers are in their shops or in the check out line and then go pray.  After praying, they come back and it's business as usual.  So I went to the electronics store and bought a computer.  I heard from HER finally and found out why SHE might have been hesitant or at least afraid to give an update on HER life.  When we finally did talk on the phone, SHE told me that SHE had missed me and I had missed HER.  We said our sorrys and the conversation was awkward at first but soon things were flowing again.  What comes next has been the proverbial thorn in the side of this whole relationship.  It has been my reason for built up frustrations and what lead to a couple of verbal outbursts.  This reasonable, smart, and head-strong WOMAN proceeded to tell me that SHE had taken back HER estranged husband, king dipshit.  What the fuck???  I know we hadn't talked for a couple of months but did I actually travel to a different planet?  I was shocked, stunned, perplexed, turned off, disappointed and a couple of other things.  SHE tells me how things have lost the initial excitement that had only been created cause they weren't living together for a while.  SHE also said that things had regressed back to the non impressive way that SHE didn't like them before. DUH!!! That's why I believe in a clean break in that situation because you will see glimpses of what you had before but it will never be the same in a marriage situation.




  Especially if you had chances to correct things over the years and things change for about a week or month then drift back to reality.  How cool SHE got back with dumb ass.  How is this gonna work and what does SHE want with me?  Why doesn't SHE just drop romeo once and for all and for good????

No comments:

Post a Comment