Sunday, April 22, 2012

Between A Rock and A Hard Place...

     By the time that I first talked to her, my then, current relationship had all but flamed out.  So first let me tell you about the woman that I was with when we met.  We were still living together but not out of love on my part.  It was very unfortunate circumstances that had taken place.  We were having a great time together until I started noticing that this dude kept popping up.  At first there were emails and messages on messenger; of course I was told it was nothing.  Then, provocative pictures were sent.  I was again told it was nothing just pictures.  I had been in relationships before so I was well aware of the games that could be played.  My whole thing was why are you with me, if you want to be with him?  Just go be with him, if that's what you want, and leave me alone.  Then, came the usual no, no I love you and want to be with you.  My response was okay, well I don't want you to have contact with this other dude if you want to be with me.  "Oh I promise, I promise," she said.  But, he shows up "randomly" at the same place that we were at one night.  At that point, I was DONE!  I had basically gotten to the point of talking to her and saying that it wasn't working for either of us and that we needed to split.  She didn't want to go and, at the time, forcing her out could have been more trouble than it was worth.  You see, I was in a foreign country and, by that time, my visa had expired.  I had no idea of where to go or what to do because the U.S. Embassy had literature saying that they wouldn't help me in such a situation.  In order to get on a plane, you had to show a current visa and passport.  She knew all of this and I was afraid that she would turn me in if I forced her out of my place.  So I had to try another route to get her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment